Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gas!!!

Oh my word I'm gassy. I think maybe my stomach is making too much acid and gas compared to how much I'm eating. And, although I don't feel hunger anymore I used to get gas when I was too hungry for too long before the band went in, so I would think that this gas is a result of only eating 800 calories per day during the liquid 'healing' phase. I likely AM very hungry but cannot feel it anymore, so the result is the same gas as if I'd skipped being hungry over and over. Solution? Not sure: maybe I just need to keep on track of eating meals at regular intervals so I'm not getting too hungry (which I wouldn't feel anyhow). So complicated!

Reading on several LapBand forums, I see that this is a common problem that comes and goes with many people with lap bands. And also a disturbing quote "it seems to me that for everyone that has a lap band and is happy there are 2 who are not". Oh dear, that's not good. But this is coming from someone who is getting their band out after repeated slippage and horrendous gas problems for years. No thanks!! Hope that's not me!

No comments: