Tuesday, December 12, 2006

New book - new ideas!


Sorry for the delay readers! I have been moving my house and reading a great book called "Releasing Fat". I have to say it is a fantastic book. It explains why traditional dieting will never ever work on a cellular level. Amazing. I'd read the book "The G.I. Diet" before, but it didn't really explain how or why it worked (to my level of interest, not enough to convince me anyhow). But this book has done it! I am definitely going to implement the triad-approach of diet, exercise and supplements (although I'm keeping my appointment). I have also read that a low-glycemic diet is the best way to eat forever after WLS, so as per my anonymous poster who challenged me to make the needed changes now... I'm going to! I will let you know how it goes as part of the lead up to WLS. They usually want you to lose weight prior to the surgery anyhow (to show you're ready for change?). Which I'll do for WLS surgery, but not if it's just going to be down 20 lbs then back up 35 lbs.

No comments: