Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blah... no motivation

I'm way under motivated these days. I get on the diet for a few days, then slid off and don't even care. Not gaining, not losing. I'm really enjoying size 18 and I'm proud of myself... I keep saying to myself "If you're pleased now, think how you'll feel at size 16, or 14!!", but it's not working.

However, I am going to start working with a buddy... my BFF and sister-in-law. She's got a bum knee and has been told to get her butt back into the gym. 3 times a week and she wants to lose 60lbs. She wants me to teach her how to do my diet and then we'll keep each other accountable and work out together. Sounds good in theory. One thing that will help is that I haven't been spending much time with her and I miss her, this will give me 2 hours every other day to spend with her and that will ROCK!

So I'm hoping that will be the catalyst I need for the next 30 lbs. I'm still hoping for the Lap-Band, but it's taking forever and I'm worried that my lack of losing will somehow make me get kicked out of the line. I'm such a bad girl, I feel guilty, but it's not motivating me. Any ideas girls?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop beating yourself up...I also fell off my diet over the last few months and gained twenty pounds practically overnight and I have to go to the doctor in two weeks. I know he's going to be unhappy with this weight gain and accuse me of being non-compliant.....but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. What is, is. We are human and cannot be perfect every single day.

I envy you having a friend to work out with and diet with. Wish I did. You are the closest I have to a diet buddy....Just keep your priorities in line and do what you need to do to meet your goals. This time of apathy will pass and you will find the motivation you need when the time is right....

By the way, I have yet to congratulate you on reaching size 18. You will be amazed at how fast that will turn into a 16...then 14...now that you have gotten to that smaller size. If I can do it, so can you!!!