Sunday, July 27, 2008

BAH! Still stuck

Hello friends... I'm still stuck. Size 18, weight 230. WTF? Pardon my french. I can't seem to stay focused for more than a few days at a time. I guess I've hit that wall or something. I'm not unhappy with myself... but part of it is that 'apron' that's shown up with a vengance. And I just know the more I lose the worse it's gonna look. I don't like it now... it's just going to get longer with less to fill it up. Almost want to get a tummy tuck now and another one later, just so I can feel good naked again. Grrrr.

GOOD NEWS though too! Went to Edmonton for my gastro mobility test and passed with flying colors. The tech said she didn't see the same results as the bariatric swallow, just a general slowing of the closure of the stomach sphyncter (and many people have this problem). Last test is the gastrocopy (camera down the esophegus), not so bad, I'll live. Then 2 weeks later is my second surgeon meeting and I'm assumig that's when all the tests are in and the paperwork is done and I get an actual surgery date. WOW!

That'll be 2.5 years since request for a referral. Not too bad, and I saved myself about $30,000 by going through Alberta Health Care and all their miriade of hoops! It wouldn't have been so bad, except that the surgeon is in Edmonton (3 hour drive) which added to the cost and annoyance. But it's been a good experience all-in-all and I'm hoping for a 'all lights green' meeting after the gastroscopy. ;o) Gross your fingers and toes people, please!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!