Saturday, January 24, 2009

Starting to go down....

Well, I lost 5 lbs last week. And I was starving the whole time. Literally. Just as hungry every day as I was on any diet before the band. I'm annoyed to say the least. I'm on 1300 calories per day (as per surgeon) and I'm so hungry my stomach hurts. I'm gassy and crampy often. So I don't know about this... why did I go through this surgery to do all this to have absolutely NO DIFFERENCE?

I'm sure it's just that the band isn't tight enough. But really? Do I have to be starving? I've actually stayed hungry through eating and past it for another 2 hours. WTF? How is that even possible? i.e. I have breakfast: a poached egg (70 cals), 1 piece of rye bread (70 cals), 1 tsp butter (36 cals). 2 hours later I'm famished. So hungry I feel like I could have a huge turkey dinner and still be hungry. So I have my snack: 1 yogurt cup (90) with a peeled and cored granny smith apple (75). As I eat it I'm hungry. When I finish I'm hungry. I continue to get hungrier until lunch. By then I almost want to cry because I'm so hungry my stomach is tensing up.

I've been doing a little reading. A few people have noted something that sounds a little similar, but not so severe. It feels like I have no band at all except, when I get too hungry and try to eat, things are more likely to get stuck because I'm so upset and tense from being hungry for 4 hours (while having eaten once in that time already). What I eat makes little difference, except a few things will let me stop feeling hungry for 1.5 hours at a time. But by the time I get to eat in 2 hours I'm hungry... again!

I don't want to turn anyone off this 'tool'. I just want to be completely honest about it. I haven't seen my dietitian in months. Not until March 16th, so I don't know what to do about it except try to stick it out.

What I'm really worried about is that they're going to say I'm 'doing great' and my band must be perfect, so they'll want to leave me like this until my weight is all gone. ......... JUST KILL ME KNOW OKAY? I pray it's just that my band isn't really tight enough to help with a 1300 calories per day diet. My dietitian once told me 'don't worry, I'd never put you on any less than 1000 calories per day'. With the band working the way it is now (I'm sorry, is it working? Correctly?), I'd cry all day on only 1000 calories.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Please post!!!

No comments: