Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm still here!! LOL!

Thank you posters, I have been so busy working I haven't posted. Computer troubles haven't helped! I'm still here, I'm not losing much weight yet either. I lost a quick 20lbs from the surgery and pretty much nothing since then. So my third fill was this last Tuesday. And my scale at home said I was down 6 lbs and the scale at the clinic said I was up 2 lbs. Grrrr. Time to get a new scale at home I think.

I have been pretty good about staying under 1500 calories per day. But not exercising much. So I've been told to try and stay around 1300 calories per day and get 30 minutes of exercise each day. 2 days down and I'm doing it. But I am hungry. I'm only at 4.5 cc's right now (in a 10cc band) and they're only adding 1 cc each fill now. I have good satiety, but still no really noticable swallowing restrictions. Occassionally chicken gets stuck if it's too try and I can tell right away I cannot swallow beef or pork. Period. So I'm eating well with lots of fish and chicken. Mmmm. And it's odd, I was worried I would 'miss' beef and pork. But the moment I put it in my mouth I feel a great aversion to it because of it's texture. So yipee, no food mourning there.

But even with the lap-band 1300 calories a day tends to leave me hungry. However the 'hunger' is different. It's manageable and ignorable. Before the band it was torture ... it was like there was no 'in-between'. It was either not hungry, or starving. There was no "meh, I could eat or not". Now I understand that feeling (finally!). It makes eating less calories much more do-able. Without that angry, hungry, desperate feeling hanging around each corner.

I'm hoping and praying that with the exercise (albeit moderate) and the 1300 calorie diet I will drop a pile of weight before my next fill and actually begin to feel like I'm accomplishing something. I'm still happy with the lap band and the procedure, but driving 3 hours to Edmonton to get a 5 minute fill, then turning around and coming home again really sucks. But it's a day alone that I can enjoy and I have lunch with friends every time I'm up there so that's nice.

So let's see... I guess I haven't really been 'working the band'. I had hoped it would do more for me 'automatically'. But it really is true: you only get out of it what you put into it. And I hadn't been giving 100%. I'd been eating less, but not really 'dieting' properly. So here I climb back onto the band wagon... with witnesses no less. And I shall attempt to blog more often dear readers! Thanks for missing me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are doing well. I hope things continue that way!!