Saturday, February 17, 2007

Another Pacemaker & My 1st Meeting Update!

Another, different pacemaker/implant is in clinical trials in the US. This "pacemaker" sends fullness signals to the brain early (vs. interrupting the signals completely). The full article is here: "New Device Leaves Patients Full, Happy".

Interestingly, these pacemakers may come through after my surgery... too late for me, but hopefully these will help others. This is exciting news really. Less invasive, more "natural" and not really surgical in nature.

On a bright note - my meeting went very well. I met a lovely lady who's Dr. Davey's bariatric nurse. We reviewed the intake material and she took a medical history. My next appointment is at the end of March. She said from the meeting yesterday that the total wait for surgery from here on out will be 9 months. Good news! I'm excited to think that my surgery could be complete by the end of this year. Now there's a new year's resolution I'll be able to keep! LOL!

At any rate, the next meeting is with a dietitian. From now on forwards, every day upto and after the surgery I have to record all the food and drinks I consume, all the activity I do (with a pedometer) and my thoughts about the food and activity in the day. Lots of work, but it proves that I'm aware of my intake and I can move forward to make changes in what I need. Also, I'm going to start the USANA diet as soon as my friend gets her kit -- so we can do it together. Lots of changes for me coming up!

No comments: