Monday, February 5, 2007

Timeline Hope

Well, a bit of hope has sprung up in the wait department, a poster on the OSSG-WestCan group replied to my inquiry about Dr. Davey's waiting time and said in part:

    "...If this is your first appointment with Dr. Davey's staff then there will be several appointments - one with the bariatric nurse and then a dietitian. Then some follow-ups with the dietitian and then finally the doctor. Once you see the doctor and he approves you for surgery you usually are done within 6-8 weeks - or at least that's the way it used to be. My first appt with the bariatric nurse was the end of Oct 05. I met with Dr. Birch... mid Feb 06 and had surgery Apr 06."
So that's a little bit of good news... that means I could still see my surgery date sometime this year (as her experience was a 7 month wait from first meeting to surgery). Exciting! I also intend to call monthly (at a minimum) to see if there are any cancellations. My new friend Bonnie says she called every Tuesday (surgeries are Wed) to her doctor to inquire about cancellations, she didn't get in on a cancellation, but if there was one, she sure would have gotten it! Good for her!

Looking forward to my Feb 16th appointment when I can get some more answers. In the mean time, I'm going to make my first USANA order to get going on the new diet, after I record my eating for this week and try to be fairly reasonable. Last few weeks have been terrible, I've eaten poorly and gotten tummy-icky because of it, ugh.

Why do I do this to myself? I really must find a solution for on-the-go eating... like where exactly are all of the Pita Pit and Extreme Pita places in the city? Fresh and veggie stuffed = healthy food on the go!

No comments: