Friday, March 9, 2007

So tired... overworked!

We have several houses in various stages of purchase and listing and I'm exhausted from running around all over the place to do everything for them. Have resorted to keeping flats of bottled, flavoured water in the truck and Zone and USANA energy bars too. Probably a good thing because otherwise I'd be eating almost nothing at all. I hardly have time to stop between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Don't know how much longer I can keep this up. I'm over committed and over tired now, but don't want to disappoint anyone. Think I might have to back-out of some of these commitments if it keeps going like this.

Fortunately, I do enjoy what I do and the challenges that come with home building. Maybe it's just this week because my hubby's gone away for 3 of the 5 work days and I've had to do his job and mine... but I sure am tired! YAWN!!

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Still awaiting my next consult with the dietitian from the bariatric surgeon in Edmonton. Next appointment is March 30. Until then I'm eating the USANA "Phase I" diet with 2 shakes and 2 nutritional bars each day and I'm down 10 lbs so far. I eat no carbs (except what's in the shakes and bars) and no sugar at all. Lots of veggies for dinner with some chicken/salmon/beef (whatever). Feeling kinda ripped off these days though cause I can't eat anything really normal or I'll gain the weight back. This metabolism sucks!!

I'm also keeping a detailed journal - every day I write down:
Time / Hunger / Fullness (after) / Food & Amounts / Water intake / Activity / Notes. It's a lot of work! And you don't realize how much you do or don't do or eat or walk until you keep track of it! I'm "active" all day working and running around, but most of it's in the truck so I'm not really working at all. Not good.

No comments: