Sunday, February 17, 2008

Slogging it through the woods...

Well, I lost a dog I was fostering over 5 days ago. She bolted into the woods behind my house and I've been looking for her ever since. Calls of sightings get me running out the door and jumping in the truck, tearing over to where she was, marching around for hours in the snow at all times of the day and night.... ugh. Setting traps, carrying bales of hay, hiking for hours through the woods, putting out food, putting up piles of flyers, walking around more. Up at 6 am, can't sleep until 12 am. This is killing me. BUT... all the exercise has helped me lose weight! LOL!

And then (the little brat), she shows up on my front porch 6 days later. Takes some french fries right out of my hand (no, I wasn't eating them, they were my husband's) and tears off down the driveway. What a brat. But now she's taken up sleeping in my garage instead of marauding all over the place, so there's a good chance we will catch her eventually. Stupid dog.

In the mean-time I've been pretty good on my diet and working hard at keeping up my food diary. So far, so good. My next weigh-in is on Tuesday (in-home). I try to keep it to once per week so I don't get all nutty about it. But when I'm doing well I look forward to getting on the scale and seeing the results. Here's to chasing lost dogs - and losing weight to boot. ;o)

No comments: