Friday, February 9, 2007

Weight Loss Pacemaker - Cool!

This is a fantastic invention - from the sounds of things. Caught this interesting article about a weight loss pacemaker that interrupts the nerve signals from the stomach to the brain. Effectively, it turns off the hunger signal (either partially or completely).

3 initial patient studies have shown great promise. Would love to get in on that test study! Although it requires surgery, it can be turned on and off and I suppose is likely less invasive than slicing up your stomach.

As I continue to read through the lists of things you can't eat, shouldn't eat, etc, etc, etc... it's rather depressing. I'm hoping the new USANA "diet" and vitamin products I'm trying out will be successful in making me lose weight. But as usual I'm very skeptical... however to get the surgery you often have to lose weight to "prove" you can maintain dietary changes. So at the least I hope to lose 20-30 lbs and keep it off for a while.

No comments: