Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dreading the Dietitian

My next pre-surgery prep appointment is on March 30. I'm going to meet the dietitian and review my month's worth of food choices, water intake and notes on food. How they will do this in a 20 minute appt I don't really know - but it's probably a 'here's the plan, stick to it please' and 'thanks for the materials I'll review it and get back to you' kinda meeting (which is fine).

What I'm concerned about is that the dietitian will tell me to get off the USANA stuff. I don't mind the restrictiveness of it (it's just inside the border of tolerable without being irritating), and the results speak for themselves (down 17 lbs so far since my last appt). I hope I can stay on this program because I can live with it every day.

For all the ladies out there that are married and pre- or post-op, I just came across this great little guide for your hubby - "SO YOU WIFE HAD WLS - A GUY'S GUIDE, OR WHERE TO BUY A VOWEL" (the last part of this page at the very bottom). I enjoyed reading this whole article for WLS info and insight, but I've never seen this kind of advise before! It's very insightful.

No comments: