Sunday, May 20, 2007

Internal Dialogues

Well I've not dropped any weight lately, but I've only regained 2 lbs. Still kinda disappointed with myself anyhow, but not too much.

I'm really concerned about what the dietitian will think about all of this. I've not recorded my food for several weeks, but I've tried to be good. I just haven't had time to write down every little thing every moment of the day. I do need to get back on track with both my diet and my writing (and need to find an easier way to record it than on my phone which takes too long).

I'm one of those - give me a target and I'll hit it types - but the WLS Clinic doesn't really give you a target really. The dietitian left me with "I want to see you eating at regular intervals, and in the amount of 450/450/150/450=1500 calories". But no comment on what it means if I can or cannot do this. So I'm stressed... does successfully losing weight mean you can do it on your own so you won't get surgery? Does not losing weight mean you can't stick to a program so you don't deserve surgery? I don't know what it all means.

I do however know this, I'm just going to tell the truth - that I try hard, but the more busy and stressed I get, the less energy and time I have to dedicate to eating 'perfectly'.

Although I would say this... the weight results speak for themselves. Gaining back 2 lbs in 4 weeks is hardly dismal - it's pretty successful for me! I could have gained all 25 lbs back if I had really fallen off the band wagon. I guess I'll just have to see what the dietitian says!

No comments: