Thursday, May 31, 2007

TLC's Big Medicine

Watched TLC's "Big Medicine" on Monday (learn more about this show here: TLC's Big Medicine) and found it made me sad. My heart breaks whenever I see someone morbidly obese struggling to change (unsuccessfully most of the time). I've read on the net a few articles criticizing the people on this show already - like that's what they need, more criticism, cause that will definatly motivate them to be thinner. Why do so many people think this way?!

At any rate, I'm glad to see this show on TV to reveal the problems and emotions involved with morbid obesity. And it's refreshing to hear a DOCTOR say something like "No one can eat their way to 400 lbs without a genetic disorder in place - they simply cannot do it without that gene - this is a disease". Amen. I agree and can't wait for the 'proof' to be in everyone's faces.

I'm not lazy. I'm not stupid. And, I'm not under-motivated. But I am definately too fat/overweight/weight-challenged... whatever. I look forward to watching this 13-part show - let me know what you think of it!

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Great post. I found your blog through Its a Fat Life. Loving it.

I usually cry when I watch shows like Big Medicine. It's just so emotional for me. I'm very empathetic and to see these people struggling with the same sorts of things as me? It's awful to watch.

Anonymous said...

BIG MEDICINE Season 2 on TLC
Premieres January 9th 10pm EST/10pm PST/9pm CST

TLC’s hit show is back for its second season! Big Medicine returns with bigger and better stories than ever as individuals undertake drastic measures to take a bite out of their obesity. From a previously 1000lb man looking to take his first step in 7 years, to a devastated mother looking to complete her weight loss transformation after losing her daughter to suicide, the stories captivate, and inspire. We’ll see how obesity affects people’s sex lives, relationships and changes marriages forever. Tears will be shed, smiles will be shared, and hope will be instilled as Big Medicine proves there is light at the end of everyone’s tunnel!