Monday, January 7, 2008

...a cane? Really?

Oh yes. I gave in at Walmart yesterday and bought a $10 metal cane. I'm also walking about half-speed and that seems to help with the plantars fasciitis. WOW - this totally sucks. To top it all off, my 13 year old is puking his guts out and my husband broke his ankle 3 weeks ago. Not like I have anything to do these days.

My house is a disaster, my feet are killing me, my diet is 'out the window' and I have to do all the work for our family business on my own. I don't have time to have painful feet!!

Gonna see the physiotherapist when I go up to Edmonton this time. Maybe she can help, or maybe she can just listen. Maybe night-splints will help. See they are like $60 each online, but in Canada they are probably cheaper or partially covered by HealthCare. Hope so. Of course, the best cure is losing 100 lbs. I'd like to say I'm working on it right now, but the best I can say is that I haven't regained anything. BAH! Sometimes life is just too frustrating -- I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about. ;o)

1 comment:

Rose Young said...

A cane? How difficult for you. But if it can help you walk with less pain, go for it.